14 August 2013

5 : 2 - Intermittent Fasting



Ever heard of it? :)

Anyways, I'd see the Eat, fast and live longer documentary when it aired here in Sweden earlier this spring. The main thing that I really got hooked on was the possibility for the brain to learn to make new interconnections between the cells and therefore you may learn your brain to think in new different ways. Even if that is possible or not with intermittent fasting, the other health benefits makes it worthwhile. I mean, who doesn't want a longer life or less risk of cancer or diabetes?

Intermittent fasting isn't a new thing...it has been around for some time...And yes I've tried it before, but only for a short while and just as part of pre-competition diet and regime.

So now I'm actually on my second week of 5:2 and it feels quite easy having the fast days already.  If you have any questions on how I'm doing the fasting, please feel free to ask me any question.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice!
www.borsadimarypoppins.com

Hanni's said...

It's very interesting and there are loads of sites that are writing about it.